The teachers at my school and I are LOVING the new Popcorn Word Power Packs!! They come with everything you need for the entire year of teaching sight words!!
And what are other teachers saying about it?
"Thank you so much. A true time saver!"
"Great way to motivate kids to learn their popcorn words!"
"This is just what I was looking for. Can't wait to use it in my classroom!"
I did a lot of research to make sure I included all the most commonly occurring words- the ones that would be most valuable and helpful for little readers to learn first!
Words are arranged in order... beginning with the most frequently occurring words first (including 78 of the first 100 Fry words and well over half of the beginning Dolch words). They come organized month by month so you can introduce 2-3 new words per week/10-11 new words per month.
Words included are:
month 1: I, am, a, at, an, go, to the, this, is my
month 2: see, me, can, we, up, look, and, like, will, you
month 3: do, it , how, has, had, in, on, big, be, his
month 4: run, as, would, are, here, come, have, one, happy, new
month 5: he, she, said, with, him, her, some, them, for, all, so
month 6: little, not, love, from, they, went, of, into, was, what
month 7: there, where, what, that, way, fun, play, time, word, but
month 8: then, put, make, out, over, more, use, other, if, were, about
month 9: two, by, many, yes, or, no, their, each, very, which
One of the cool things that comes all ready to go for each month's words is a really fun little “word wallet” complete with “dollars” for each popcorn word. We finally got these out a few weeks ago and my class was LOVING IT. They couldn't wait to take their wallets home and practice. It was also impressive how honestly they assessed themselves (putting the words they know on one side and words they don't on the other).
|Here they are reading words to each other/ helping each other.|
Also included is:
* a bracelet for each week with the words of the week on it
* a trace, write, mix & fix, glue and color page to go along with each word (all of that on one page per word)
* a word search for the month’s words
* a word detective coloring sheet (see below... my daughter is a Kindergartener and she loves this- I think her teacher put out extra for the kids to practice if they want and she does it a few times per week!)
* a roll-a-word dice game (my class was SOOOO excited playing this- it was adorable- wish I had a picture of that!)
ALSO included, you get...
* several assessment options…
* one you can send home to keep parents in the loop about their child’s progress…
|this is my daughter's hanging on the fridge... 11/11... yesss! :)|
* and 2 different styles of helpful tracking sheets for you so you’re able to easily view & use student data to drive your teaching. Here is an example from one of my classes... kind of messy, but it took about 2 minutes to look through their assessments and add check marks onto this grid. I decided a check mark means they DON'T know the word. So then I can really simply and quickly look and see who needs to work on certain words... I was surprised so many of them didn't know "at" and "this" so I'm planning some special things this week to focus more on those words. I LOVE how easy it is! (sorry for the side-ways pic, but I think you get the idea!)
To get a sneak peek of what these look like, check out the preview!! :) OR if you REALLY want a good preview, download the first month for FREE! Click here to check it out!!
Oh, and I even made the cutest little emergent reader books to go with the first 2 months worth of words... they are AWESOME!!! I'm just giggling every time I use them cause I love them so much (and the kids do, too)! (see a picture in the previous post)